Sustainability Summit Africa 2023
People, Planet, Purpose for Africa
This senior level day, Deloitte senior experts joined by leading business decision makers will discuss some of the most pressing issues facing our world today: ESG, innovation in energy, responsible supply chains, resilience, and emerging sustainable technologies. These are topics that are critical to the future of our planet.
South Africa has a rich history of environmental activism, and there is a strong desire among the population to protect and preserve our natural resources. By embracing ESG principles, we can build a more resilient and sustainable economy that benefits everyone.
People, Planet, Purpose for Procurement & Supply Chain
The dedicated day will highlight the value of sustainable business practices and ethical purchasing, both in the market and within the organisation. The Summit will look at carbon neutral practices, sustainability risk, supplier compliance and collaboration, local production and sourcing, and how technology can be implemented to address the social, environmental, and economic aspects of sustainability.
Sustainability Summit Africa 2023 will address:
- End of Load Shedding in South Africa Moonshot
- Waste Management and Circular Economy
- The impact of the war in Ukraine
- ESG – Your sustainable development goals
- Ethical sourcing
- Why sustainable development is so difficult in Africa
- Renewable energy, Environmental procurement
- Green employment – agriculture and energy
- How to get a carbon reduction program in your organisation and procurement
- The leadership crisis – Is it possible to curb corruption?
- Systems thinking – Understanding the steppingstones to transforming your procurement and supply chain
- Sustainable sourcing and supply chain in the Public Sector
- Procurement role in anti-child labour and gender equality
- Development of SMMEs as part of your ESD goals
- Supplier Relationship Management
- You will walk away after this summit with your very own strategic sustainability action plan!
Who should attend?
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Investment Officers
- Chief Procurement Officers
- Chief Sustainability Officers
- Heads of Supply Chain
- Head of Sustainable Development
- Impact Investors
- Chief Buyers
- Commodity Managers
- Purchasing Managers
- Supplier Development Manager
- Sourcing Managers